Events Worker Job Opening
TITLE: Events Worker
FLSA STATUS: Part - Time, Non - Exempt
SALARY: $15.00 hourly
SHIFT: Various Shifts. Must be able to work weeknights, weekends and holidays as required.
Employees in this classification are responsible for delivering quality customer service; receiving payments from customers and facilitating the flow of traffic through parking facilities.
- Greet and direct customers entering parking facilities.
- Communicate parking information to public.
- Sell parking tickets; direct vehicles to available parking spaces.
- Count correct change as needed.
- Balance cash drawer at the end of shift; Verify shift transactions against money and complete reports.
- Count vehicles on location throughout shift, as needed
- Control traffic at entrances and exits.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent strongly preferred with six months of cashier experience.
- Must be able to perform basic math problems that are associated with calculating appropriate payments for parking and making change for customers.
- Must be able to comply with the physical requirements of the position.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast paced, high-pressure environment with attention to details and accuracy.
- Must have the ability to work flexible schedule including long hours, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must pass a drug test screening and criminal background investigation.
- Employees in this position will be required to work outdoors exposed to all different weather conditions. While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand for long periods of time. May be required to use a radio and must be able to talk and hear, use hand and fingers to handle, feel or operate equipment; engage in repetitive movement of hand and wrist; reach with hands and wrist; stoop, bend, kneel and crouch and occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds.
- Work performed in fast paced, outdoor environment during all types of weather.
- Regularly exposed to fumes and airborne particles and loud prolonged noise levels and occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants interested in applying for this position, should send a resume in Microsoft Word or PDF file to StlTreasurerHR@stlouis-mo.gov
The City of St Louis Treasurer's Office does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, disability, sex or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, veteran's status or marital status.