Cooling Centers in the St. Louis Area
Cooling Centers are Local Resources for Providing Shelter from Excessive Summer Heat
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact the City of St. Louis. All individuals utilizing cooling centers are strongly encouraged to wear a face mask inside buildings, regardless of vaccination status.
During periods of extreme heat, we'll declare a heat emergency and open community centers as cooling centers. Please check on your neighbors and the elderly to make sure they're okay. Learn more about heat advisory definitions.
Cooling Center List
No cooling centers found.
Cooling center data provided by United Way.
Water Fountain Locations
- 14th St & Market Ave
- Page Blvd & Hodiamont Ave
- Carondelet Park near big gazebo just off Grand as it cuts through the park
- South Grand near Schnucks at Gravois
- Soulard at 8th and Allen
- North Grand near North Market
- South Broadway & Courtois Street
- Leonor K Sullivan Blvd and Lucas
- Carr Street and N Broadway - this is a dead end for Carr Street though so will need to take 6th street and then go east on Carr Street
Important Heat Advisory Terms
Heat Wave: Three or more days of temperatures above 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
Excessive Heat Warning: Daytime highs of more than 105 degrees Fahrenheit for two or more hours.
Excessive Heat Advisory: the heat Index is expected to reach 105 degrees or air temperature will range from 100 – 104 for four or more consecutive days, or an Excessive Heat Warning is issued by the National Weather Service.