Board of Election Commissioners Agendas, Meetings, and Opportunities
Information on commissioners, directors, job opportunities, and upcoming meetings.
The Board of Election Commissioners for the City of St. Louis aims to ensure:
- that every eligible resident of the City of St. Louis is encouraged and provided ample opportunity to register to vote;
- that voter files are kept accurate and up-to-date;
- that voter education and turnout efforts are maximized; and
- that public elections in the City of St. Louis are conducted in a fair, honest and impartial manner in order to effect the best possible election process consistent with federal law, state statutes, and the Charter of the City of St. Louis.
These events are coming up soon. You can also View past meetings.
No events available.
- Jerry M. Hunter: Republican, Chairperson
- Joseph A. Barbaglia: Democrat, Board Secretary
- Geraldine Kraemer: Democrat
- Derek Winters: Republican
- Leo G. (Gary) Stoff, Jr., Republican Director
- D. Benjamin Borgmeyer, Democratic Director
More Board Information
Documents pertaining to the Board of Election Commissioners
Employment Opportunities with the St. Louis Board of Election Commissioners
About the Board
The Board of Election Commissioners for the City of St. Louis are established by Missouri state statute as the election authority for the City, and is tasked with conducting all public elections occurring within the City Limits of St. Louis.
The Election Board employs staff necessary to promptly and correctly perform the duties of the election authority, which include providing for registration of voters in the City, maintaining the voter rolls, and the conduct of secure and fair Elections.
The Board of Election Commissioners is composed of four members, who are appointed by the Governor with advice and consent of the Senate.
- Two commissioners on the Board are required to be members of one major political party, and two commissioners on the Board are required to be members of the other major political party.
- The Governor designates the Board Chairman.
- One member of the Board is required to be the Secretary and is required to not be of the same political party as the Chairman.
- Each commissioner's term of office coincides with the term of the Governor who appoints him or her and until the commissioner's successor is appointed, confirmed and sworn.
- Commissioners are required to be registered in the City of St. Louis as voters, are required not to hold any statutory positions within a political party or on a political committee, cannot be a candidate for political office and cannot hold any other public office.
- Board members are paid a nominal salary.
The Board of Election Commissioners meets once per month. The business conducted by the Board of Elections includes:
- Hiring staff
- Approving expenses
- Voting on how and when to conduct elections
- Receiving reports about recently conducted elections
Board of Election Commissioners
300 N Tucker Blvd
St. Louis, MO 63101
Monday - Friday 8 AM – 5 PM On Election Day Polls Open at 6 AM and Close at 7 PM