Apply to Be an Election Judge Poll Worker
Apply to be an Election Judge for the City of St. Louis to check in and assist voters on election day.
On This Page
An election judge checks in voters on Election Day.
The Board of Elections provides training before the election and support for election judges on election day. No experience is required, and training is provided. An election judge is paid $225 per election.
Make sure you meet the requirements to be an election judge. You must:
- Be 18 years of age or older and a registered Missouri voter.
- Be able to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Be available from 5:00 a.m. until closing of the polls.
- Attend a training session prior to the Election.
- Declare a Political party (Democrat, Republican or Independent).
Use the Begin Online button to apply online.
What to Expect
After you apply, you will receive a letter or email with information on training sessions. The training session will last 1.5-2 hours.
After you've attended the training session, you'll be assigned to work at a polling location or serve as an alternate.
You will receive payment two weeks after the election is over.
Board of Election Commissioners
300 N Tucker Blvd
St. Louis, MO 63101
Monday - Friday 8 AM – 5 PM On Election Day Polls Open at 6 AM and Close at 7 PM