Voter registration information, preparation, guidelines, locations, applications, forms of acceptable identification.
In order to vote in Missouri, you must be registered with the election authority in the county in which you reside.
To register to vote in Missouri follow the instructions provided.
Confirm You Meet the Requirements
- You are a U.S. citizen and a Missouri resident.
- You are at least 17-1/2 years of age to register. You must be 18 years of age to vote.
- You have an acceptable form of identification. (See examples of acceptable forms of identification).
Know the name and location of the City of St. Louis' election authority:Board of Election Commissioners
300 North Tucker Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63101
Phone (314) 622-4336
Fax (314) 622-3587
In addition to the Board of Election Commissioners above, a resident of the City of St. Louis may also register to vote at:
- Department of Revenue, Division of Motor Vehicles
- Health and Social Services Offices
- Any Public library
- Schools or other tax-supported public agencies that has a Deputy Registrar on site.
Verify Your Voter Registration Status
Visit the Missouri Secretary of State website and verify that you are a registered voter in Missouri.
Call (314) 622-4336 Monday through Friday and Board of Election staff will help you confirm your voter registration status.
Check Inactive Voter List
You can search the Inactive Voter Database and see if you are listed. If listed, follow the steps suggested to update your registration.
Step 1: Complete voter registration application
An eligible resident may also access and download a Voter Registration Application online, print, complete, date and sign it, and mail it to the Election Board.
NOTE - Submitting a Voter Registration Application by mail or to an individual other than the Election Board does not insure timely voter registration. If you are unsure about the status of your voter registration, contact the Election Board.
Step 2: Choose where to file
City of St. Louis' election authority Board of Election Commissioners or other locations listed in the preparation section.
Step 3: Submit acceptable form of identification
- ID issued by the Federal Government, state of Missouri, or a local election authority;
- ID issued by a Missouri institution (public or private) of higher education, including a university, college, vocational and technical school
- A copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, government check or other government document that contains the name and address of the voter;
- Driver’s license or state identification card issued by another state.
No fees are associated with registering to vote.
What to Expect
Registered to Vote
View sample ballots
Download the brochure "Things to Know Before Election Day"
Board of Election Commissioners
300 N Tucker Blvd
St. Louis, Mo 63101
Monday - Friday 8 AM – 5 PM On Election Day Polls Open at 6 AM and Close at 7 PM