In order to vote in Missouri, you must be registered with the election authority in the county in which you are a resident.
If you moved within St. Louis City, or moved to the City from another part of the state, you'll have to re-register with your new address.
- Confirm that you meet the requirements for voting.
- You are a U.S. citizen and a Missouri resident.
- You are at least 17-1/2 years of age to register. You must be 18 years of age to vote.
- You have an acceptable form of identification.
- Verify your current voter registration status in one of the following ways:
- Visit the Missouri Secretary of State website and verify that you are a registered voter in Missouri, or
- Call the Board of Election Commissioners at (314) 622-4336 Monday through Friday and staff will help you confirm your voter registration status.
- Search the Inactive Voter List database and see if you are listed. If listed, you'll have to re-register with your current address.
- Go in person and register at:
or at the following alternative registration locations:
- Department of Revenue, Division of Motor Vehicles
- Health and Social Services Offices
- Any Public library
- School or other tax-supported public agencies that has a Deputy Registrar on site.
- Submit your application in person with an acceptable form of identification.
- Download, print, complete, date and sign the Voter Registration Application.
- Confirm you checked "New Registration" in form box 3.
- Mail the application to:
Submitting a Voter Registration Application by mail or to an individual other than the Election Board does not ensure timely voter registration. If you are unsure about the status of your voter registration, contact the Election Board by phone or in-person.
Use the Begin Online button below to begin the online voter registration process.
No fees for registering to vote.
What to Expect
To confirm that you are registered to vote or to become a registered voter.
Additional Voter Information:
Board of Election Commissioners
300 N Tucker Blvd
St. Louis, MO 63101
Monday - Friday 8 AM – 5 PM On Election Day Polls Open at 6 AM and Close at 7 PM