Transfer/Purchase of Creditable Service

Learn about purchase of creditable service and transfer of creditable service.

If a member is vested in the City Retirement System, he/she may acquire service credit for prior nonfederal, public sector employment in the state of Missouri by purchasing that service. The member may purchase the service by using his/her own money and/or using the value of his/her retirement benefit in the prior retirement plan, if that plan has an agreement with the City. Contact the Retirement System for additional information.

Was this page helpful?      

Comments are helpful!
500 character limit

Feedback is anonymous.

1 comment from someone like you has helped us improve this page. Keep the feedback coming!