Health Commissioner's Order No. 15
Order number fifteen on 11/12/2020, regarding public gatherings shall become effective at 12:00 a.m. on November 14, 2020 and will continue to be in effect until it is extended, rescinded, superseded, or amended.
This content is also available in the following format:
This Order No. 15 shall become effective at 12:00 a.m. on November 14, 2020, and will continue to be in effect until it is extended, rescinded, superseded, or amended in writing by me.
My intent is to ensure that the maximum number of people and businesses take prudent precautions to reduce the exposure to, and slow the spread of COVID-19. All provisions of this Order shall be interpreted to effectuate this intent.
Whereas, a resurgence of COVID cases is recurring in the City of St. Louis and St. Louis Metropolitan Area, the positivity rate in the City of St. Louis is greater than 10%, the seven-day moving average for COVID-19 hospitalizations in the region has increased to over 550, and 90% or more of impatient and ICU beds in St. Louis Metropolitan Task Force Hospitals are occupied.
Whereas, the increased spread of the virus in St. Louis City is occurring primarily in gatherings among friends, families and neighbors via informal gatherings occurring in and around homes, and in neighborhoods.
Whereas, approximately 50% of the new cases are occurring in people in their 20's and 30's.
Whereas, based on these trends, this Order No. 15 is being adopted to limit private events in the City of St. Louis.
- Previous Orders 8, 9, 11, 13, and 14 remain in effect.
- Private gatherings, such as house parties, dinners, celebrations, and social events, with more than 10 attendees are prohibited.
It is recommended that any such gatherings be limited to no more than 1 or 2 households, and that those households remain consistent so that in the event an individual becomes Covid positive, the individuals exposed can be more easily traced and quarantined.
For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in this order applies to day-to-day operations of businesses, schools, institutions of higher learning, and government offices. All such operations continue to be subject to limitations provided in Orders 8, 9, 11, 13, and 14 including but not limited to...
- Requiring masks or face coverings;
- Maintaining a distance of 6 feet;
- Ensuring employees practice appropriate hygiene measures, including regular, throughout handwashing with soap and water and use of hand sanitizer with at least 70% alcohol when soap and water are not available;
- Ensuring that employees are screened prior to their work shift and are excluded from work if they are ill; and
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
BY THE AUTHORITY VESTED IN ME BY ARTICLE XIII, SECTION 14-C (C) OF THE CHARTER OF THE CITY OF ST. LOUIS AND BY 19 CSR 20-20.050 (C) OF THE CODE OF STATE REGULATIONS, AND AFTER THE ABOVE-REFERENCED CRITERIA HAVE BEEN MET, I HEREBY ISSUE THE ORDER.
November 12, 2020