Health Commissioner's Order No. 2
Order number two on 3/16/2020, regarding public gatherings and City Hall restrictions in the City of St. Louis
This content is also available in the following format:
By the authority vested in me by Article XIII, Section 14-C (c) of the Charter of the City of St. Louis and by 19 CSR 20-20.050 (c) of the Code of State regulations I hereby order as follows:
- All public and private events and gatherings with more than 50 attendees are prohibited; including conferences, festivals, parades, concerts, sporting events, weddings, and other assemblies are forbidden; this order does not include the day to day operations of schools, institutes of higher learning, and businesses.
- No restaurant or bar shall allow more than 50 persons to occupy a room or an outdoor space.
- No person shall enter or remain in City Hall or in the City building at 1520 Market Street who has:
- a temperature in excess of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit;
- travelled to any foreign country within the last 14 days;
- had close contact with someone who has traveled to any foreign country within the last 14 days;
- been asked to self-quarantine by any doctor, hospital, or health agency;
- been diagnosed with, or have had contact with, anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19; or
- an unexplained fever, cough, or shortness of breath.
Notice of such limitations shall be posted at each entrance to such buildings.
4) This order is effective immediately and will be reevaluated no later than April 3, 2020.
This order is effective on March 16, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
Fredrick Echols, M.D.
Director of Health & Hospitals/Health Commissioner
Feedback is anonymous.