Individuals, of any age, are eligible to be registered with the City of St. Louis Functional Needs Registry if they have specific needs that prevent them from taking care of themselves in the event of an emergency. These include individuals who are:
- medically needy
- and/or a person with disabilities and are not served in or by a residential facility program (i.e. nursing home, residential care facility, etc.).
One can also register a family member, friend, or neighbor.
The application provides a section acknowledging that a person other than the applicants name is completing the form.
- the individual, full name, address, and contact information:
- Primary physician, pharmacy, and care giver contact information
- Medical and nature of disability information
- Home cooling and heating information
- Medication information
You may register for the Functional Needs Registry by phone or online. Complete the Registry Application choosing your preferred method.
Call the local number (314) 657-1676, or the Toll Free number: (877) 612-5918 and provide all the information requested.
- Follow the "Begin Online" link below and complete all the form fields.
- Select ‘Functional Needs’ as the Request Type
- After selecting the 'Functional Needs" Request Type you will be presented with additional fields.
- Answers the additional questions and "submit" the form for approval.
There is no cost associated with this service.
What to Expect
After I register
Your information will be reviewed for approval.
Your information will be used for disaster planning and public health purposes by the City of St. Louis.
Notification of registration
- looks at the application,
- either accept the application, deny the application or contact the individual for more information before making a decision.
Updating the registered individual(s) information
You will be sent a renewal notice semi-annually asking the individual to update their application via paper or through the on-line registration process.
I want to be removed from the Functional Needs Registry
If at any time your condition changes you wish to be removed from the registry, call our local number (314) 657-1676, or the Toll Free number (877) 612-5918 and request to be removed from the registry.
Department of Human Services
4th Floor #4065
St. Louis, MO 63103
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
1 comment from someone like you has helped us improve this page. Keep the feedback coming!