Free and Low-Cost Tech Tools
List of free tech services and useful software tools
Many Internet businesses give away free services and useful software tools. These tools can be used to build and maintain our local communities.
The free resources below consist of only a limited sample of the vast resources available on the Internet:
Files and Documents
- Dropbox (Store, sync, & share files online)
- Google Drive (Create, edit, share, and collaborate on documents online)
- Zoho (Create, edit, share, discuss online and more)
- Microsoft One Drive
A wiki (popularized by Wikipedia) is a website that anyone can edit.
- Google Docs (Word processing, spreadsheets, presentations)
- Microsoft Office Live (Word processing, spreadsheets, presentations)
- Zoho (Word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, wiki, planner, database, invoice)
Instant Messaging (IM)
Software for Creating & Updating Websites
WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get)
WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) software allows you to directly create and edit the look and feel of your website without having to know any HTML or CSS.