World's Fair Pavilion
Rental and background information of this magnificent open air shelter that has been one of the park's most popular and impressive attractions since it was built in 1909 with proceeds from the 1904 World's Fair.
This magnificent open air shelter has been one of the park's most popular and impressive attractions since it was built in 1909 with proceeds from the 1904 World's Fair. Forest Park Forever raised $1.1 million to totally renovate the building in 1998.
The World's Fair Pavilion provides a picturesque setting for company picnics, private receptions, benefits, special events or parties. The covered floor area of the open air pavilion can seat approximately 500 people. Larger crowds can be accommodated if the accompanying park grounds are used.
The new catering area at the west end of the pavilion provides access to water and ample space for caterers to work. Dimmer switches for the lighting underneath the pavilion are located inside the catering area and can be adjusted to provide the appropriate ambiance for any event. Ample electrical outlets are located on the columns of the archways as well as inside the catering area. The catering area does not have a full kitchen (no stove, refrigerator or other appliances are available.)
Newly installed accessible restroom facilities for men and women are located on the west end of the pavilion. A Rock House restroom is located across the parking lot from the pavilion.
Health Department guidelines must be followed for groups larger than 500 and additional restrooms must be rented from a private company.
The floor space underneath the pavilion is 109 feet x 51 feet. The east end of the pavilion has been reopened and provides additional covered floor space which can be used for additional seating or as a serving area. Each patio area on the north and south side of the pavilion measures 182 feet x 29 feet.
- All food and/or beverages (including alcoholic beverages) to be served at the World's Fair Pavilion must be catered by a company from our authorized cater's list.
The Pavilion can be booked for events at which food and/or beverages will not be served; i.e., wedding ceremonies, meetings, etc.
- Click here for the list of authorized caterers.
- Rental Fees: (these prices effective for all rentals as of 1/1/15)
Monday through Thursday -- $1475
Fridays and Sundays -- $1600
Saturdays from 4 p.m. to midnight -- $2350 (receptions only)
Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.-- $1600 (wedding ceremony only)
- Reservations can be made up to a year and a half in advance. Reservations made more than a year from the date must be made in person at the Park Office and the full rental fee is due at the time the reservation is made. Once payment is received, the date can not be changed and the rental fee is non-refundable.
- Reservations made a year or less from the date can be made by phone. The rental fee for these reservations will be due 2 weeks after the reservation is made.
- The rental fee is non-refundable and dates reserved cannot be changed once the paperwork is mailed. There will be a $10 charge for paperwork that is lost and has to be re-issued. The only equipment included in the rental fee is 15 trash receptacles.
- Banquet tables, chairs, podiums, electrical cords or other equipment needed for the event must be supplied through a private source. All equipment must be removed from the pavilion immediately following the event.
- A security deposit in the amount of $500 is required. This check will be deposited and held to insure that all conditions of the permit are followed. It will be forfeited in the event of damage to park property, missing or damaged park equipment, or failure to leave the park in a clean condition. The permittee will be billed for any damage and/or excessive cleanup required not covered by the security deposit.
- Rental of the World's Fair Pavilion will require an inspection prior to the event and after the event. The permittee will be required to be present for both inspections. The beginning and ending time on the permit will be the inspection and building opening time. Before deciding on the beginning time, please contact your caterer, equipment rental company, vendors, decorators, etc., to see what time access is needed for them to complete their work. Whatever time they need access is the time you or your representative must be present for the walk through inspection. Once the building is open, the permittee is responsible for the entire facility until it is resecured.
- An insurance certificate of property damage in the amount of $50,000 and personal liability insurance in the amount of $100,000 is required. The certificate must be received at least one month prior to the date reserved and must be an original copy. The following wording must appear on the certificate will not be acceptable:
'' The City of St. Louis and its employees and agents are additional insureds.''
CITY OF ST. LOUIS DEPARTMENT OF PARKS, RECREATION AND FORESTRY 5600 CLAYTON AVENUE ST. LOUIS, MO 63110
The insurance certificate is obtained from a private insurance company. It insures you and the City of St. Louis in the event someone is hurt and sues.
- All amplified sound must be at a level so as not to disturb the peace, quiet, comfort or repose of neighboring inhabitants and/or park users and must conform to Ordinance #50038.
- The papplicant must make arrangements to pick up any trash, litter or debris generated during the course of the event from the park grounds. All trash is to be bagged and removed from the park immediately following the event. The pavilion should be left in the same condition it was found prior to your event. It is strongly recommended that a cleaning service be hired for any special cleanup prior to and after the event if needed. All trash must be removed from the park.
To check availability of the Pavilion, call (314) 289-5344 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Availability cannot yet be checked online or by e-mail.