National Preparedness Month (NPM), recognized each September, provides an opportunity to remind us that we all must prepare ourselves and our families now and throughout the year. This year, NPM will focus on planning, with an overarching theme: Disasters Happen. Prepare Now. Learn How.
Take time to learn life saving skills − such as CPR and first aid, check your insurance policies and coverage for the hazards you may face, such as flood, earthquakes, and tornados. Make sure to consider the costs associated with disasters and save for an emergency. Also, know how to take practical safety steps like shutting off water and gas.
The devastating events of 2017 reminded the many of the importance of preparing for disasters. Often, family members and neighbors will be the first ones in our communities to take action after a disaster strikes and before first responders arrive, so it is important to prepare in advance to help yourself and your community.
2018 Weekly Themes
- Week 1: Sept 1-8 Make and Practice Your Plan
- Week 2: Sept 9-15* Learn Life Saving Skills
- Week 3: Sept 16-22 Check Your Coverage
- Week 4: Sept 23-29 Save For an Emergency
- September 15 is a National Day of Action
CEMA Twitter Feed
The monthly siren test is coming up at 11:00, do you know how to participate? pic.twitter.com/YVFa23deSy— City of St Louis EM (@CityEMA) June 4, 2018
Join in with our Trending Twitter Hashtags:
Most Read News
- 2018 Continuum of Care Application Review The 2018 Continuum of Care (CoC) Application and the Review, Score, Ranking, and Recommendations Process are Available for Review.
- Leonard Johnson to Receive Outstanding Alumni Leader Under 40 Award Leonard Johnson to Receive Outstanding Alumni Leader Under 40 Award.
- SLDC to allocate up to $3 million of New Markets Tax Credits to the Guardian Angel Settlement Association SLDC to allocate up to $3 million of New Markets Tax Credits to the Guardian Angel Settlement Association document