Change Your Clock, Change Your Battery Safety Fair & Blitz
WHO: The St. Louis Fire Department
WHAT: Host Two Safety Events and Neighborhood Canvasses to Distribute Batteries
WHEN: Saturday, Nov. 3
WHERE: Firefighters and Energizer Community Safety Fair
- Schnucks located at 7450 Hampton Avenue, 9 a.m. to Noon
- Schnucks located at 3431 Natural Bridge, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Canvassing Neighborhoods throughout the City of St. Louis
WHY: To save lives and prevent needless injuries in St. Louis, the St. Louis Fire Department has joined forces with Energizer for the "Change Your Clock, Change Your Battery" campaign. The program urges everyone to adopt a simple, lifesaving habit, change your smoke alarm batteries when changing clocks back to standard time each fall.
The St. Louis Fire Department will conduct a smoke alarm battery blitz on Saturday, Nov. 3. Firefighters and volunteers from Energizer will be going door-to-door installing batteries in residential smoke alarms. In addition to door-to-door canvassing, firefighters will host two safety events where they will share life-saving information with the community.
Changing smoke alarm batteries at least once a year is one of the most effective ways to reduce tragic fire deaths and injuries. Additionally, test smoke alarms at least monthly.
City residents in need of a smoke alarm may contact the St. Louis Fire Department, Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. at (314) 533-3406.
# # #
Department of Public Safety
Most Read News
- On the Map: Lynch's Slave Pens Lynch’s Slave Pens were holding places for enslaved men, women, and children before they were sold at slave markets in downtown St. Louis
- President Reed announces next term for Poet Laureate President Lewis Reed announces next term for the St. Louis Poet Laureate and has appointed Cheryl D.S. Walker to chair the taskforce.
- President Reed statement on airport consultant contract The Board of Estimate & Apportionment approved the consulting agreement to explore leasing St. Louis Lambert International Airport.