The O'Fallon Park Recreation Complex, the new, state-of-the-art recreation facility in O'Fallon Park, opened its doors on Monday, Jan. 21, 2013. The facility is owned by the City of St. Louis and operated by the YMCA of Greater St. Louis. The Boys and Girls Club of Greater St. Louis will provide youth programming.
During an official ribbon cutting ceremony on Saturday, Jan. 19, Mayor Slay said in his remarks, "We are very proud to open this new facility. St. Louisans of all ages now have the opportunity to participate in the health and growth of the community through the O'Fallon Park Recreation Complex."
The new 76,000 square foot facility offers many unique amenities, including:
- Fitness Center, with free weights, cardiovascular machines, circuit training system, group exercise studio and fitness center desk staffed by Certified Personal Trainers
- Indoor pool, three lap lanes, recreational swimming area, pre-school splash park, 2.5 story waterslide, lazy river, coed sauna & steam room, whirlpool and facility rentals.
- Outdoor pool, with five lap lanes, two-story waterslide, stadium seating, concession stand, family area and rental space
- Full-size Double Gymnasium, with 12 basketball hoops, volleyball nets, elevated running and walking track
- Teen Hub, with activities like exergaming, pool, ping pong and a computer hub
- Child and Tot Watch rooms
- Wet multipurpose room for pool parties
- Three multipurpose rooms
- Programming for adults and seniors, including active older adult socials, diverse fitness classes and specialized aquatics
- Outreach programs, like Climbing Above Conflict, Youth in Government and literacy programs
- Youth and teen programs provided by the boys and Girls Club of Greater St. Louis.
# # #
Department of Parks
Photo GalleryInvalid list index 2.
Most Read News
- St. Louis is joining the federal Smart Cities Initiative The City of St. Louis is joining the federal Smart Cities Initiative
- Downtown St. Louis Transportation Study 2017 Downtown St Louis Transportation Study
- Circuit Judge Jimmie M Edwards New Director of Public Safety St. Louis Mayor Lyda Krewson Appoints Circuit Judge Jimmie M. Edwards Director of Public Safety