Domestic Partnership Registry
The Domestic Partnership Registry is a record of registered domestic partners (same-sex or heterosexual) in the city of St. Louis established and protected under City Ordinance.
OverviewThe Domestic Partnership Registry is a record of registered domestic partners (same-sex or heterosexual) in the city of St. Louis established and protected under City Ordinance. The registry allows persons in a committed relationship who meet the criteria set forth in Ordinance #64401 of the City of St. Louis to register at the Office of the City Register and obtain a certificate attesting their status.
To qualify as Domestic Partners, the couple must fulfill the following requirements. Both partners must:
- be 18 years of age or older;
- not be married or related by blood to the other in a manner that would bar marriage in the State of Missouri;
- have a close and personal relationship;
- live together and have been continuously living together;
- live in the City of St. Louis;
- be each other's sole domestic partner and have not terminated another domestic partnership in the last six months.
- Both partners need to appear, in person, in the Register's Office and fill out the Declaration of Domestic Partnership Form
- Bring photo ID
- Bring proof of residency other than required photo ID.
- Example: a bill, house document
- Each partner may bring in a different form of proof for residency. Both names do not have to be on the same bill, for example, one may bring in a utility bill and the other partner may bring in something else with their name on it, but they must be from the same address.
- $10.00 Application Fee
What to Expect
- Application process takes 7 days.
- After processing, you may return, in person, to the Register's Office to pick up your Certificate of Domestic Partnership
Office of the City Register
City Hall, Room 118
St. Louis, Mo 63103
Monday - Friday 8 AM - 5 PM