Obtain a Statement of No Marriage Record Found (Single Status)

Process to provide proof that the St. Louis City Recorder of Deeds has no record of issuing you a marriage license.


If you are planning a marriage ceremony in a country other than the United States, that country's government may require you to provide proof that there is no legal impediment to your contracting a marriage.

In the United States, a county or state agency that issues marriage licenses may provide a notarized or certified document stating that there is no record of a previous marriage in a specific county or, in some cases, an entire state.

These documents are known across the United States under a number of names: Statement of No Marriage Record Found, Statement of No Marriage, Affidavit of Single Status, Certificate of No Impediment, etc.



You will need your full legal name.


The Statement of No Marriage Record Found must be obtained from the State of Missouri in Jefferson City. They may be reached at (573) 751-6387 for further guidance on obtaining your single status document.


What to Expect

Further guidance from State of Missouri


Marriage License Department


(314) 613-3015

1200 Market St., City Hall, Room 128
St. Louis, MO 63103

8:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. Monday - Thursday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Friday 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. Saturday

Contact the Marriage License Department

Was this page helpful?      

Comments are helpful!
500 character limit

Feedback is anonymous.