Divorce records are available from the St. Louis Circuit Clerk's Office, not from the Recorder of Deeds office. This information is provided as a courtesy.
Certified copies of divorce records are available on the 3rd floor of the Civil Courts Building.
Uncertified divorce records are also available online through the State of Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services.
You will need
- Full names of both parties
- Date divorce was finalized
In Person (for certified copies)
Visit the Circuit Clerk File Room on the third floor of the Civil Courts Building between 9am and 5pm Monday through Friday.
Civil Courts Building
10 N Tucker Blvd
St. Louis, MO 63101
The Civil Courts Building is located at the corner of Market and Tucker in downtown St. Louis. (Parking is not provided to courthouse visitors but ample metered parking can be found within walking distance of the courthouses.)
If you are not sure what kind of record you are looking for or need to verify that a particular record is open to the public, you may call first to inquire.
Online (for uncertified copies)
Use the Begin Online button below to visit the VitalChek website to obtain your record.
- In Person: $0.30 per page
- Online: $27.99 plus shipping
What to Expect
- In Person: you will receive your copies during your visit.
- Online, standard mail: 3-5 business days for processing, 7-10 business days for mailing
- Online, express delivery: 1-2 business days for processing, overnight delivery
For more information on divorce records: