Land Tax Sales
Land tax sales schedule, information, and instructions
Land Tax sales this year are held 4 times a year in June, July, August, and September.
Sales Dates for 2021
Sale date: June 15, 2021
Published: June 1, 2021
Sale date: July 13, 2021
Published: June 29, 2021
Sale 208--Cancelled until 2022
Sale date: September 21, 2021
Published: September 7, 2021
Individual properties are NOT listed on this website until they have been "Published" two weeks prior to the date of the sale on the St. Louis Daily Record.
Time and Location
Sales are held at 9:00 am sharp at:Civil Courts Building 10 North Tucker Blvd, 4th floor St. Louis, MO 63103 Sales are held outside of the building on the 11th Street side.
MASKS ARE REQUIRED!
List of Properties
A link to the list of properties will be posted on this page after the date of publication, which is two weeks prior to the sale.
Posting the listings on this page is a courtesy to the public and our list does not include full legal descriptions of the property.
The official notice is in the Daily Record.
The only property listing that is updated (redeemed properties removed) is posted outside the Civil Courts Building by the 11th Street entrance.
- View the published list of properties (published 2 weeks prior to the date of the sale.)
- It is recommended to drive by all parcels you are interested in before bidding on any properties.
- Download and complete the Bidder Information Sheet.
- Use the property Land Tax Suit Number (for example 178-001), when referring to a particular parcel, not the property's address.
- Bring it with you. Having the documents ready will speed up the process.
MASKS ARE REQUIRED!
No writing utensils will be provided for your safety.
- Arrive early.
- If you haven't filled out the Bidder Information Sheet in advance and brought it with you, you can fill it out on site. Bring a writing utensil.
- Obtain a bid number.
- Prospective purchasers will need to present a photo ID.
- Sales begin promptly at 9:00 am sharp outside of the Civil Courts Building, on the 11th Street side of the building.
Payment must be made in one of the following forms:
- Cashiers Check (made payable to Sheriff City of St. Louis)
- Money Order (made payable to Sheriff City of St. Louis)
The full amount for all properties purchased must be received by 2:00 PM on the date of sale without exception.
Payment is to be made on the 8th floor Sheriff's Office in the Civil Courts Building.
Failure to pay the bid price will result in loss of bidding privileges.
What to Expect
Acquiring property through the Sheriff's land tax sale may be highly technical and complicated.
We strenuously suggest that you consult an attorney before bidding on any parcel of property.
For additional information please call (314) 622-4851.
Pursuant to section 92.840 of the Missouri Revised Statutes, the successful bidder should wait at least two (2) weeks after the sale and then must file with Division 29 in the Circuit Court of the City of St. Louis a motion to confirm the sale of property and must have the appraiser at the confirmation hearing to testify to the reasonable value of the property.
The purchaser must also notify the attorney for the Collector of Revenue, the attorney for the Sheriff, the previous owner, and all lien holders of record, if any, of the date of the confirmation hearing through the mail.
It is the purchaser's responsibility to provide the court and sheriff's office, prior to the confirmation hearing, a full legal description of the property purchased and the date of your hearing. Failure to do so may result in additional expenses and delay in recording the deed.
If the successful bidder fails to pay for the property by the end of the day, the parcel is re-offered the next day. If the bid price for the same parcel of property is significantly less than the bid price on the first day, a loss results which can be recovered against the original successful bidder. Mo. Rev. Stat. § 513.240 (2007). The Sheriff will proceed to recover the loss, with costs, by filing a motion in the Circuit Court of the City of St. Louis against the original successful bidder.
Office of the Sheriff
10 N. Tucker Blvd - 8th Floor
Civil Courts Building
St. Louis, Mo 63101
Monday - Friday (except Holidays) 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
8 comments from people like you have helped us improve this page. Keep the feedback coming!