The Georgian Condominiums
Originally built in 1846, St. Louis City Hospital was destroyed by a fire in 1856, rebuilt, and destroyed again by a tornado in 1896; it was rebuilt again in 1907. Other buildings were constructed on the ten-acre site with 18 buildings ultimately in the complex. Located just south of downtown, City Hospital operated for nearly 140 years and closed in 1985; for the next 15 years it faced threats of demolition until the City of St. Louis established a redevelopment plan. City Hospital was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2001. The site is undergoing rededevelopment by Gilded Age.