How to Recycle Christmas Trees
Christmas Tree Recycling offered at Forest Park, O'Fallon Park, and Carondelet Park.
City residents can take the bare Christmas tree to one of three city parks to be recycled.
Drop Off Schedule
Christmas trees can be dropped off beginning December 26th through January 13th.
After January 13th the city will no longer accept christmas trees for recycling.
Drop off Christmas trees at any one of these three park locations:
- Forest Park, Lower Muny Opera parking lot (to the right of the Muny, off Theatre drive)
- O'Fallon Park, West Florissant and Holly, picnic grounds #4
- Carondelet Park, Grand and Holly Hills, area between gate and recycling containers (access from Holly Hills Drive)
Confirm hours of operations, as the drop off area is behind the gate:
- Monday - Friday, 7am - 4pm
- Saturdays, 7am - 2pm
- Sunday, closed
- Remove ornaments, tinsel, lights and tree stand.
- Do not put the tree in a plastic bag or cover it.
- Wreaths and pine roping are not accepted at the sites.
- Choose one of three drop off locations.
- Do not place Christmas trees in alley dumpsters or recycling containers.
No fees apply.
What to Expect
- Trees will be recycled into mulch and made available to City residents.
- For trees mistakenly placed in the alley, the Refuse Division will collect them on its regular monthly bulk pickup program.
- Trees needing disposal after the 2nd Friday in January, maybe placed in the alley and the Refuse Division will collect them on its regular monthly bulk pickup program.
St. Louis, Mo 63139
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
9 comments from people like you have helped us improve this page. Keep the feedback coming!