Towing - Retrieval of a Towed Car
Information on the procedure for reclaiming a towed car.
The City of St. Louis Towing Division's goal is to improve the safety of the City's streets by removing vehicles that are illegally parked, abandoned, or that are impeding the flow of traffic. The Towing Division is a 24/7 operation.
The City may tow cars for any of the following reasons:
- Vehicles immobilized due to accidents
- Vehicles that have been stolen
- Vehicles driven by motorists who are arrested
- Illegally parked vehicles in disabled parking zones
- Illegally parked vehicles with major parking violations (i.e., rush hour, fire hydrant, alley or intersection blocking)
- Illegally parked vehicles violating street cleaning regulations
- Abandoned/derelict vehicles
- Booted/immobilized vehicles
- Or anything in violation of City of St. Louis Charter Chapter 17.56.
At the vehicle storage facility, the violator must be prepared to:
- Pay all towing and storage fees
- Present a copy of the vehicle's registration
- Present a valid drivers license
- Present a receipt for tickets (if towed for any reason)
- Present a release order (if police put a hold on vehicle)
- Provide a method of payment (Master Card, Visa, or cash)
Individuals should visit 7410 Hall Street, St. Louis, MO63147 to retrieve a towed car and bring the above information listed in the Preparation Section.
Vehicles can be retrieved during the following hours:Monday-Friday: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Typical Tow Rates:
Tow Fee: $100
Dolly: $60 (4x4, missing wheels, flats, etc.)
Labor: $80 per hour
Storage: $25 per day
Call (314) 383-7546 for exact charge.
What to Expect
Release of Vehicle.
The City of St. Louis Towing Division holds vehicles 30 days before they are sold at auction. Public auctions occur every Thursday at 9:30 a.m. Vehicles will be sold to the highest bidder.
City Tow Lot/Towing Services
7410 Hall Street
St. Louis, Mo 63147
Monday-Friday: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday: 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
1 comment from someone like you has helped us improve this page. Keep the feedback coming!