Report Lost or Stolen License Plates or Tags
How to replace lost or stolen license plates and/or tags
On This Page
To replace license plates or tags that have been lost or stolen, contact a Missouri Department of Revenue Licensing Office near you.
You should be able to obtain replacement tags or plates at any license office, provided that your registration information is still current.
Follow these steps when needing replacement tags either if lost or stolen:
- Contact the MO State Highway Patrol or Police Division non-emergency number (314) 231-1212 and report them as stolen.
- Request and obtain an incident report number from the State Highway Patrol or Police Division.
Bring and present your incident report number along with your ID and VIN to a Department of Revenue Licensing office.
- $8.00 fee to replace stolen tags or license plates.
- $16.50 fee to replace lost tags.
- $25.00 fee to replace license plates.
What to Expect
Same day replacement of tags and/or plates.
Feedback is anonymous.