Opening day is a proud tradition for many St. Louis residents and visitors. While our office celebrates and honors opening day, it has never been designated an official city holiday. As such, parking meter enforcement is subject to the same hours of operation as any other typical day.
Parking is a public resource that should be used efficiently. On-street parking should encourage turnover, which helps business in busy areas. We encourage those who are attending opening day events for more than two hours to choose an off-street parking option.
Last year, the Treasurer led a team of public and private parking operators to form the Downtown Parking Operators Taskforce. The taskforce generated a number of uniform practices such as providing safe and secure facilities, accepting credit cards, ADA compliance, and wayfinding. A list of these garages and standard fees can be found online at www.getaroundstl.com.
Office of the Treasurer
Most Read News
- St.Louis is joining the federal Smart Cities Initiative The City of St. Louis is joining the federal Smart Cities Initiative
- Downtown St. Louis Transportation Study 2017 Downtown St Louis Transportation Study
- Circuit Judge Jimmie M Edwards New Director of Public Safety St. Louis Mayor Lyda Krewson Appoints Circuit Judge Jimmie M. Edwards Director of Public Safety
- St Louis Agency on Training and Employment (SLATE) pledges to Skill up 500 people in 100 Days St. Louis Agency on Training and Employment (SLATE) announced today an effort to train or certify 500 St. Louis residents in 100 days. The program, called Skill Up STL will begin on October 1 and go through December 30, 2017.
- Fitch Upgrades STL Airport’s Revenue Bonds to 'A-' Stable Ratings Follow 2-year Trend in Passenger Growth and Financial Sustainability