Filing Requirements for Sheriff
Qualifications, provisions and procedures for individuals filing to run for Sheriff
Qualifications to File
- Citizen of the United States
- Resident of the City of St. Louis for one year
- Taxpayer of the City of St. Louis
- Shall not have been convicted of a felony
Provisions for Nomination
To file for Sheriff, the candidate must submit
- a receipt from the Treasurer’s Office confirming payment of the required filing fee
- a statement of tax clearance from the Collector of Revenue’s Office confirming that the candidate is not delinquent in the payment of city taxes and water and refuse bills.
Feedback is anonymous.