All inquiries regarding the health commissioner's stay at home order pertaining to covid-19, should be sent by email to Molly Dwyer in the mayor’s office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Processing of sunshine law requests will be impacted by efforts to help prevent the spread of covid-19 and the health commissioner's stay at home order.
The City of St. Louis Sunshine Law/Public Record Policy allows for the furnish copies of public records on request.
The governing body of St. Louis City has provided a reasonable written policy in compliance with state law commonly referred to as the Sunshine Law, regarding the release of information on any meeting, record or vote.
When submitting a request for public records, providing as much identification as possible may help reduce research and duplication time and costs.
Requests are received by the Sunshine Law Coordinator. The Sunshine Law Coordinator is not the Custodian of Records for the City of St. Louis nor for any Department within the City of St. Louis. The Sunshine Law Coordinator works with the appropriate Custodian(s) of Records form the various Departments to complete each request.
The City of St. Louis Sunshine Law Coordinator is:Diedra Weaver City of St. Louis City Counselor's Office
Before submitting a request:
- Browse the Open Data Portal and see if the data is already publicly available (the portal includes links to budget expenditure data, property and vacancy, permits, etc.)
- If not publicly available, gather all of the details which identify the specific records you are seeking. In your request include:
- Date or date range for which you are seeking records
- Department or specific Section you are seeking records from; or any from which you are not requesting information
- Type of record (such as a violation type, type or purpose of a permit, etc.)
- Location you are seeking records of (such as the address, unit number, interior, exterior, specific room)
- Parties involved in or subject of the records
- Not all requests are processed by the City of St. Louis Sunshine Law Coordinator. Before proceeding, please review the list of organizations and contacts that process their own requests.
- You have confirmed this is the correct submission form.
- Enter a brief summary of your request on the online form (there is a 470 characters limit) and attach a word or pdf document with the complete details of your request (when filing a complex requests).
- Proceed an submit your request below:
The fees to be charged for access to or furnishing copies of records shall be in compliance with section 610.026, RSMo.
What to Expect
The designated custodians shall respond to all requests for access to or copies of a public record in possession of the department or division within the time period provided by statute except in those circumstances authorized by statute.
State of Missouri Laws
The City shall comply with sections 610.010 to 610.030, RSMo, the Sunshine Law, as now existing or hereinafter amended.
Refering State Sections
WHEREAS, SECTION 610.023.1, RSMo, provides that a public governmental body is to appoint a custodian to maintain that body’s records and the identity and location of the custodian is to be made available upon request; and
WHEREAS, SECTION 610.026, RSMo, sets forth that a public governmental body shall provide access to and, upon request, furnish copies of public records; and
WHEREAS, SECTION 610.028.2, RSMo, provides that a public governmental body shall provide a reasonable written policy in compliance with sections 610.010 to 610.030, RSMo, commonly referred to as the Sunshine Law, regarding the release of information on any meeting, record or vote.
- View SECTION 610
City of St. Louis Ordinance
Sunshine Law Ordinance 67667
Office of the City Counselor
City Hall, Room 314
St. Louis, Mo 63103
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm To help prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus, essential services will be provided by phone, as listed, or email, see City Counselor, Julian Bush Email & Full Profile, only during regular business hours.
1 comment from someone like you has helped us improve this page. Keep the feedback coming!