Animal Care and Control Shelter
Information about adoptable animals, looking for lost pets, surrendering an animal, fees, and donations.
Potential adopters are welcome to visit our shelter at 2801 Clark Ave., St. Louis, MO 63103 between the hours of 10am-5pm, seven days a week, to meet our adoptable animals. If possible, we ask that you call ahead so we can make sure staff are available to provide you the best customer service. Our shelter phone number is 314-612-5311.
Our adoption process is facilitated through a partner organization, CARE STL. If you would like more information about the adoption process, including fees, your next step would be to contact CARE STL at 314-612-5311, or visit their website at http://icarestl.org/.
Looking for Lost Pets
- Post fliers as soon as possible in the area where your pet may have been lost.
- Utilize social media to help spread the word that your pet is lost. Below are several social media sites dedicated to lost and found pets:
- Complete a lost pet report with STL Lost Pets
- Check Craigslist frequently–under “community” there is a link for “pets”. You should post a photo of your lost pet there, as well as a description. Then, continue to check Craigslist daily to see if perhaps someone else located your pet and has posted it to Craigslist.
- Continue to check with local shelters. You may need to visit each shelter individually (and perhaps more than once) to walk through to see if your pet has been picked up.
Shelter Location, Phone, and Hours
- Cat and dog beds
- Blankets and towels
- Cat toys
- Dog toys, such as Kongs
- Cat and dog treats
- Plastic bags/poop bags
- Newspaper Cardboard soda flats (for disposable litter boxes)
- Durable rubber balls or tennis balls
- Puzzle toys
- Dog/cat bowls
- Leashes and collars
- Plastic litter boxes
- Dog crates
- Dog/cat carriers
- Peanut butter
- Garden hoses
- Paper plates
- Zip lock baggies (any size)
- Ink pens
- Accessories for exotic pets, such as aquariums or small mammal cages, water bottles, bowls, litter, small mammal food, etc.
|Kennel permit application||$40.00|
|Vaccination registration (for a spayed/neutered pet)||$4.00|
|Replacement vaccination registration tag||$1.00|
|Release fee for impounded animal||$20.00|
|Additional housing fee for impounded animal||$10.00/day|
|Rabies observation fee||$50.00|
*Services for the release of impounded animals ONLY.
3 comments from people like you have helped us improve this page. Keep the feedback coming!