Animal Care and Control Shelter
Information about adoptable animals, looking for lost pets, surrendering an animal, fees, and donations.
Potential adopters are welcome to visit our shelter at 2801 Clark Ave., St. Louis, MO 63103 between the hours of 10am-5pm, seven days a week, to meet our adoptable animals. If possible, we ask that you call ahead so we can make sure staff are available to provide you the best customer service. Our shelter phone number is 314-612-5310.
Our adoption process is facilitated through a partner organization, Stray Rescue. If you would like more information about the adoption process, including fees, your next step would be to contact Stray Rescue at 314-771-6121, or visit their website at http://strayrescue.org/.
Looking for Lost Pets
- Post fliers as soon as possible in the area where your pet may have been lost.
- Utilize social media to help spread the word that your pet is lost. Below are several social media sites dedicated to lost and found pets:
Shelter Location, Phone, and Hours
Animal SurrendersAnimal Care and Control will accept animal surrenders at our shelter facility at 2801 Clark Ave, St. Louis, MO 63103, 10am to 5pm, seven days a week. A fee of $60.00 (paid by a cashier's check or money order) and a state ID is required at the time of surrender.
- Cat and dog beds
- Blankets and towels
- Cat toys
- Dog toys, such as Kongs
- Cat and dog treats
- Plastic bags/poop bags
- Newspaper Cardboard soda flats (for disposable litter boxes)
- Durable rubber balls or tennis balls
- Puzzle toys
- Dog/cat bowls
- Leashes and collars
- Plastic litter boxes
- Dog crates
- Dog/cat carriers
- Peanut butter
- Garden hoses
- Paper plates
- Zip lock baggies (any size)
- Ink pens
- Accessories for exotic pets, such as aquariums or small mammal cages, water bottles, bowls, litter, small mammal food, etc.
|Kennel permit application||$40.00|
|Vaccination registration (for a spayed/neutered pet)||$4.00|
|Replacement vaccination registration tag||$1.00|
|Release fee for impounded animal||$20.00|
|Additional housing fee for impounded animal||$10.00/day|
|Rabies observation fee||$50.00|
|Owner surrender fee||$60.00|
3 comments from people like you have helped us improve this page. Keep the feedback coming!