Guidance for Reentry to City of St. Louis School Systems
City of St. Louis school systems collaborative reentry guidelines.
This content is also available in the following format:
Sections of this content are also available in the following languages:
- المبادئ التوجيهية التعاونية للعودة لأنظمة مدارس مدينة سانت لويس (Arabic)
- Uputstva za početak školske godine obrazovnog sistema Grada St. Louis-a (Bosnian)
- सेन्ट लुइस स्कूल प्रणाली सहकार्यकारी पुनः प्रविवि विशावनिेशहरूको शहर (Nepali)
- Pautas Colaborativas de Reingreso al Sistema Escolar de la Ciudad de St. Louis (Spanish)
The spread of COVID-19, a novel respiratory illness caused by SARS CoV-2, caused several unexpected challenges for education institutions across the nation. In the City of St. Louis, spread of the virus resulted in the closure of all schools. Consequently, schools were forced to adopt and implement virtual learning programming. Although not sustainable because of limited information technology infrastructure and systemic inequities, implementation of virtual education programming was necessary to protect the health of school age youth, school staff and their families. Nevertheless, there is evidence that in-school learning is essential to child and adolescent development.
Over the past few months, City of St. Louis academic leaders, public health leaders and government officials have been meeting to create re-entry guidance for primary and secondary schools. The purpose of said guidance is to ensure the implementation of standardized evidence-informed protocols necessary to protect the health of students, school staff, and the community at large.
The signature of each City of St. Louis collaborative workgroup organization’s representative is a declaration that their organization agrees with, and will support, the implementation of the guidelines to ensure a safe and healthy environment for students, school staff, and families.
Kelvin R. Adams, Ph. D, Superintendent, City of St. Louis Public Schools
Jamie Driver, Executive Director, Independent Schools of St. Louis
Douglas P. Thaman, Ed. D, Executive Director, Missouri Charter Public School Association
Wilford Pinkney, Director, Women, Youth & Family Services, City of St. Louis
Fredrick L. Echols, M.D., Acting Director of Health, City of St. Louis
Guidance for Reentry
- Operation Guidelines for Reentry to Schools
- Infectious Disease Control Administrative Guidelines And Procedures
- Department of Health (DOH) Guidance for Social Distancing in Schools
- Exclusion Guidance
- Cleaning and Disinfecting Guidance for Schools and Child Care Programs
- Frequently Asked Questions for Facilities Service and Cleaning Staff
- Missouri State Statutes and Rules