Guidance for Special Events in City of St. Louis Parks and Public Streets and Sidewalks
Special Events in Parks and Public Streets and Sidewalks protocols
This content is also available in the following format:
Special Events Protocols
These guidelines are intended to apply to outdoor special events that take place in parks and public streets & sidewalks, such as picnic/pavilion rentals, outdoor concerts, parades, festivals, and similar events as approved by the City of St. Louis.
These guidelines do not replace or supersede any requirements applicable to your business or licensed employees pursuant to law or regulation. Rather, these guidelines are intended as a supplement to ensure that we enjoy the special events of St. Louis in the safest way possible. These guidelines must be followed by any organization or individual planning events in parks or public streets/sidewalks located in the City of St. Louis.
An abundance of caution should be exercised to mitigate or prevent exposure to respiratory illnesses (including COVID-19). Persons who are more vulnerable or at-risk for COVID-19 as identified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) — including those who are over the age of 65 or those who have severe underlying medical conditions — should take extra precaution or refrain from attending events during this initial phase of re-opening.
If all permits are received and the below protocols are put in place, individuals and organizations will be able to host events in parks and public spaces beginning June 15, 2020. However, please know that this date may change if there is a resurgence in COVID-19 cases in the City of St. Louis.
All events scheduled in City parks and public streets/sidewalks must ensure that the following protocols are put in place:
- For picnic/pavilion rentals, event organizers must abide by the following capacity limits:
- For outdoor concerts, parades, and festivals, the maximum occupancy is 250 people.
- Individuals and organizations planning such events must fill out the COVID-19 Risk Management Form.
- Require that masks be worn by all staff/volunteers associated with the event.
- Adjust event layout to maintain at least six feet of distance, and post signs throughout the event space to remind guests of social distancing requirements.
- Install clear markings with signage, tape, or other means that show six (6) feet of distance as the appropriate spacing between participants/guests where appropriate.
- Provide hand washing stations and/or hand sanitizer for participants/guests.
- Provide disinfectant wipes to clean commonly used surfaces and spaces.
If food and/or beverages are being served at the event, the event organizers must comply with the protocols established for bars and restaurants, as defined in Order No. 8.