Continuum of Care Plan
About the Continuum of Care Plan for the City of St. Louis
About the City CoC Plan
Mandated by the U.S Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), the St. Louis City Continuum of Care (CoC) for Ending Homelessness strategizes and plans a coordinated, comprehensive approach to providing housing and services for people in danger of becoming homeless or experiencing homelessness. The CoC is responsible for helping to facilitate funding from HUD. Funds include HUD Continuum of Care Program Funds and HUD Emergency Solutions Grant funds. More than 60 organizations and individuals committed to this goal make up the body of the CoC.
The St. Louis City CoC works to:
- Promote integrated, community-wide strategies and plans to prevent and end homelessness;
- Provide coordination among the numerous local organizations and initiatives that serve the homeless population, and
- Manage the CoC’s single, comprehensive grant application to HUD for McKinney-Vento funding which includes Continuum of Care funds and State Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) funds.
CoC grants fund the following project types:
- Permanent Supportive Housing
- Rapid Rehousing
- Coordinated Entry
- Homeless Management Information Systems (HMIS)