FY2023 CoC Competition RFP for New & Renewal Projects
Sponsor: Homeless Services
Procurement Type: Request for Information
This event has already happened.
Here's a link to the recorded presentation.
Also see slides below.
Starting Date: 08-11-2023
Closing Date: 08-28-2023
Closing Time: 12:00 PM
The City of St. Louis Continuum of Care MO-501 (CoC) Board of Directors and the City of St. Louis Department of Human Services (DHS) jointly announce this notice seeking proposals for New Projects for the following U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
What’s New in the 2023 CoC Competition
There is significant information in at the following HUD link, including some changes from prior CoC competitions https://www.hud.gov/sites/dfiles/CPD/documents/FY-2023-CoC-NOFO-Publication.pdf
• Tier 1 of the ranking process priority list is 93% of the community’s Annual Renewal Demand – this is a decrease from last year, which means that the amount of funding in Tier 2 has increased. Tier 2 funding is higher risk of not being funded in the overall national competition.
• The amount of CoC bonus funds has increased from 5% of the annual renewal demand to 7% of final pro rata need. Total potential CoC bonus funds that the City of St. Louis CoC may apply for this year will be approximately $1,286,663.
• There is a DV bonus again this year of approximately $1,838,090. Multiple DV Bonus RRH and/or TH-RRH Projects may be submitted, or expansions of previous projects funded under a DV Bonus.
• In compliance with the reauthorization of the VAWA Act in 2022, there are opportunities for both renewal and new projects to budget for activities related to the implementation of the CoC’s Emergency Transfer Plan.
Additionally, HUD is continuing to offer some opportunities that began in prior competitions. These opportunities include, but are not limited to:
• Expansion Projects – new project applications that add to existing CoC projects by serving more people, providing new or additional supportive services or both.
• Consolidation of 2-10 grants into one project to streamline grant administration.
• Transition grants that allow an existing CoC grant to change components (i.e., shift from TH to RRH) during the next program year. These are new project applications.
• Opportunities to submit new project applications for new PSH, RRH, TH-RRH, HMIS and/or Coordinated Entry-SSO grants.
• DV Bonus applications for RRH or joint TH/RRH or Coordinated Entry for DV only.
City of St. Louis Subrecipient Renewal Applicants wishing to Expand, Consolidate, or Transition their project must consult directly with the City of St. Louis Homeless Services Division email@example.com to facilitate those application actions. Decisions to amend the current project must be jointly decided no later than August 21 to address all the CoC local competition deadlines.
- FY2023 RFP - CoC New and Renewal Projects (328.30 KB)
- A-Project Cover Sheet (69.92 KB)
- B-New Project Application (103.13 KB)
- B2-New City Subrecipient Project Exhibits Spreadsheet (31.82 KB)
- C-HMIS Performance Measurement (34.63 KB)
- Competition Timeline (150.47 KB)
- Review & Rank Scoring Matrix (203.95 KB)
- Domestic Violence Transfer Policy-City St. Louis-VAWA (257.87 KB)
- Bidder's Conference Slides - Applicant Briefing (1.57 MB)
- Questions & Answers to FY23 CoC RFP (14.40 KB)
Need Help Viewing?
You need a program that can open Adobe PDF files. A free option:
- Adobe Reader (can read PDF files)
You need a program that can open Microsoft Word files. A free option:
- LibreOffice (can read & write Word files)
You need a program that can open Microsoft Excel files. A free option:
- LibreOffice (can read & write Excel files)