Office of the Mayor
The Domestic Partnership Registry is a record of registered domestic partners in the city of St. Louis established and protected under City Ordinance. The registry allows persons in a committed relationship who meet the criteria set forth in Ordinance #64401 of the City of St. Louis to register at the Office of the City Register and obtain a certificate attesting their status.
What is the definition of a domestic partnership?
To qualify as Domestic Partners, the couple must fulfill the following requirements. Both partners must:
- be 18 years of age or older;
- not be married or related by blood to the other in a manner that would bar marriage in the State of Missouri;
- have a close and personal relationship;
- live together and have been continuously living together;
- live in the City of St. Louis;
- be each other's sole domestic partner and have not terminated another domestic partnership in the last six months.
Please see the this document for more information regarding the City of St. Louis Domestic Partnership Registry and the application for Domestic Partnership.