Project Blitz is Brightside St. Louis's annual campaign to clean up city neighborhoods. Clean-up effort generally held in April and May of each year.
Changes for 2014:
Volunteering to be a Block Captain or find out if your block already has one. Planning ahead helps is recruiting volunteers and securing cleanup materials.
- Review the responsibilities of a block captain and a tool request form
- Fill out Blitz 2014 Project Registration Form and mail/fax it to:
Brightside St. Louisinfo@brightsidestl.org
4646 Shenandoah Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63110
If you have dumpsters in your alley
- Place all small items in trash dumpster. Be careful NOT to overload.
- Your regular bulk pick-up site is directly behind your home at the edge of the alley. This is where you place large items such as furniture and appliances. Make sure bulk items are at least 4 feet from any dumpster. Do not block any streets, alleys, or sidewalks. Items placed on private property cannot be picked up.
- Yard Waste: Place grass, leaves and twigs in "Yard Waste Only" (Green Waste) dumpsters.
- All debris must be bagged and put into trash receptacles. Loose debris will NOT be picked up.
- Branches more than 2 inches in diameter and no longer than 3 feet must be bundled and placed with bulk items for collection
If you have a roll-out cart
- Place all small items in your roll-out cart. Be careful NOT to overload.
- Your regular bulk pick-up site is directly in front of your home at the curb. This is where you place large items such as furniture and appliances. Make sure bulk items are at least 4 feet from any roll-out cart. Do not block any streets, alleys, or sidewalks. Items placed on private property cannot be picked up.
- Yard Waste: for Blitz only, bag your grass, leaves, and twigs and mark as "yard waste" for collection.
What to Expect
- "Yard Waste Only" (Green Waste) and trash receptacles will be emptied after your Blitz Clean-Up weekend.
Large appliances, tires, car batteries, and motor oil will also be collected but separately from other bulk items. These items will be recycled.
- Trash collection will begin at 6:00 a.m. on Monday after your Blitz Clean-Up weekend. Please have all items out by this time.
If bulk items have not been picked up by Wednesday please call the Citizens Service Bureau at 622-4800.
Additional recycling resources:
Brightside St. Louis
4646 Shenandoah Avenue
St. Louis, Missouri 63110
Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00 PM