Rent the Kern Lakeside Pavilion
Rental information for the Kern Lakeside Pavilion in Lafayette Park
Call: (314) 289-5372
Located on the north side of the Lafayette Park lake, this historic (1908) building was formerly called the Boathouse. Read more about the Kern Pavilion.
The Kern Pavilion has a catering kitchen and a patio overlooking the lake. It is available for event rental.
- Maximum capacity: 60 people for a seated event; 100 people for a cocktail reception
- Tent may be rented from a private source and placed in the grass on the north side of the building
- The Pavilion is handicap accessible
- Availability: 7 days a week, 8:00 am - 12 midnight
Things to know before you reserve:
1. You may call to check availability
Your reservation must be made in person, but you can check availability of the Pavilion by calling (314) 289-5300 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
2. A $500 security deposit is due when you reserve
In addition to the rental fee, a security deposit in the amount of $500 is required, and must be presented at the time you make your reservation.
This check will be deposited and held to insure that all conditions of the permit are followed. It will be forfeited in the event of damage to park property, missing or damaged park equipment, or failure to leave the park in a clean condition. The permittee will be billed for any damage and/or excessive cleanup required not covered by the security deposit.
3. You must obtain an insurance certificate
An insurance certificate of property damage in the amount of $50,000 and personal liability insurance in the amount of not less than $1,000,000 is required.
The certificate must be received at least one month prior to the date reserved and must be an original copy.
4. You must use an authorized caterer
All events at the Pavilion must be catered by a company from our Authorized Caterers list. The caterer or other representative is responsible for all the setup and placement of tables and chairs.
Reservations must be made in person at the Park Office.
- Assemble the following information, which the Parks Division will require for your reservation:
- Date and time of event
- Number of guests
- Organization name and contact information - contact name, address, phone, email address
- Prepare a check or money order to bring with you to the Parks Division for your reservation. Make your check payable to City of St. Louis. Both a $500 deposit and the rental fee will be due when the reservation is made.
- To make arrangements in person, come to the Parks Department Monday-Friday between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. except NOON - 1pm (staff lunch).
5600 Clayton Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63110
Call: (314) 289-5372
The fee for Kern Pavilion rental is $100 per hour, 4-hour minimum.
Once payment is received, the date cannot be changed and the fee is non-refundable. These fees do not include the $500 deposit.
There will be a $10 charge for paperwork that is lost and has to be re-issued.
What to Expect
Banquet tables, chairs, podiums, electrical cords or other equipment needed for the event must be supplied through a private source. All equipment must be removed from the pavilion immediately following the event.
All amplified sound must be at a level so as not to disturb the peace, quiet, comfort or repose of neighboring inhabitants and/or park users and must conform to Ordinance #50038.
All events at the Pavilion must be catered by a company from our Authorized Caterers list. The caterer or other representative is responsible for all the setup and placement of tables and chairs. The caterer will also be responsible for clean-up of your event. In the event the space is not clean, however, we will keep your security deposit.
The applicant must make arrangements to pick up any trash, litter or debris generated during the course of the event from the park grounds. All trash is to be bagged and removed from the park immediately following the event.
The pavilion should be left in the same condition it was found prior to your event. It is strongly recommended that a cleaning service be hired for any special cleanup prior to and after the event if needed.