Board of Adjustment
Information about the City of St. Louis Board of Adjustment and its responsibilities, meetings, agendas.
The Board of Adjustment is a 5-member panel of citizens, who reside within the City of St. Louis, appointed by the Mayor for 4 year terms. The Board selects its own chairman who serves for 1 year.
The Board is required to have:
- 1 graduate of an accredited school of architecture or licensed architect
- 1 licensed real estate broker or agent
- 3 members at large
3 alternative members may be appointed and serve 1 year terms. The Board acts as administrative law judge and is governed by state law. The City Counselor represents the Board and its members.
- Mona Parsley: Real Estate - TERM EXPIRES - 8/15/22
- Joe Klitzing: Architect : Chairman - TERM EXPIRES - 8/15/21
- Irene Soll : At Large - TERM EXPIRES - 8/15/20
- George Hitt: At Large - TERM EXPIRES - 8/15/21
- Carmelo Desemone: At Large - TERM EXPIRES - 8/15/20
- John Albert: Alternate - TERM EXPIRES 12/18/20*
- Sallie Burke: Alternate - TERM EXPIRES 12/18/20*
- Vacant: Alternate - TERM EXPIRES
*These Board Members are serving indefinitely on expired terms.
The Board hears appeals for any person aggrieved by any officer, department, board or bureau of the City affected by any decision of the Building Commissioner or the Board of Public Service. Board of Adjustment decisions are binding by law and may be appealed only to the Circuit Court.
The fee to appeal to the Board of Adjustment can be found on the Fee Schedule within the City of St. Louis Zoning Ordinance.
Meetings may be held virtually or in person depending on the date. PLEASE CHECK YOUR HEARING'S AGENDA FOR DETAILS.
Wednesdays at 1:30 pm using the Zoom virtual meeting platform.
Wednesdays at 1:30 pm at the following address:
Room 208 (Second Floor)
St. Louis, MO 63103
The Board may change its meeting time or date, or schedule a special meeting. These changes are published on this website, in the City Journal, on the physical site, and posted in the Office of the Building Commissioner. Notification is sent to applicants and City officials. For more information, contact the Board's Secretary:
Board of Adjustment Secretary and Administrative Assistant
2 comments from people like you have helped us improve this page. Keep the feedback coming!