The Zoning Section is responsible for administering and enforcing the City of St. Louis Zoning Code Ordinance.
Top Requested Pages
Phone: (314) 622-3666
1200 Market Street
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
What We Do
The Zoning Section reviews all occupancy and building permits for compliance with the Zoning Code located in Title 26 of the 1994 City of St. Louis Revised Code.
We also review & process the following:
- Zoning Verification Letters
- Home Occupancy Waivers
- Incidental Business Waivers
- Sign Permits
- Land Subdivisions/Consolidations
- Plat & Petition signatures
- Zoning Overlay Districts
For additional information regarding any of the above items, please see the Zoning FAQ or contact Zoning Staff at 314-622-3666.
Recent Zoning Code Amendments
- Ordinance 70555 Pertaining to Garages Occupying more than 30% of rear yard & general updates.
- Board Bill #10 - Text Amendment to Title 26 resulting from the repeal of the Plat & Petition process.
Proposed Zoning Code Amendments
Zoning Section Menu
37 comments from people like you have helped us improve this page. Keep the feedback coming!