The BPS Design Division is responsible for management of the entire design process and preparation of bid documents for all construction projects for the City-owned buildings, bridges, streets, alleys, parks and other facilities. Among those are major regional landmarks such as Forest Park, Eads Bridge, Gateway Transportation Center, the Soldiers Memorial Military Museum, St Louis City Hall, St Louis City Justice Center as well as Metropolitan St. Louis Police Department facilities, correctional facilities, 9 recreation centers and 30 fire stations.
- Meet real needs
- Have lasting value
- Embody clear thinking
- Conserve resources
- Respect history and context
- Project management during the design phase
- Design contract administration
- In-house design
- Permit application review
- Bid document preparation
- Safety inspections of City-owned bridges
- Provide design support for the BPS Planning and Programming Division
- Publish standards for public improvements
- Provide information to surveyors, developers, and the public.