Gateway Go Pass
Providing thousands of city youth free public transportation through MetroLink and MetroBus through the rest of 2022.
The City of St. Louis, in partnership with Metro Transit, is working to expand public transit options for 3,000 St. Louis youth ages 13 - 25 by providing free passes for MetroLink and MetroBus through 2022. This program, funded through the American Rescue Plan, will help connect youth across the city to school, work, and other opportunities.
Who is Eligible?
- Applicants must live in the City of St. Louis and be between the ages of 13 - 25.
- Students who are under age 17 will need a parent or legal guardian signature on the Eligibility Form
- In line with federal guidelines, eligible residents must reside in a household with an income below $69,090 and/or live in a Qualified Census Tract to apply.
Eligible applicants must show documentation that shows proof of age, St. Louis residency, and household income. The same document may serve as proof of two categories; for example, a drivers license listing date of birth and City residence is proof of both age and residency.
One document as proof of age:
- Driver’s License
- Baptismal Record
- Birth Certificate
- Work Permit
- Federal, State, or Local ID Card
- Hospital Record of Birth
- Public Assistance/Social Service Records
- School Records or ID Cards
- Report of Transfer or Discharge Paper
One document as proof of residency:
Please provide an official document from the US government, an educational institution, a religious, medical, or social service agency, or a utility bill verifying your current address (within the most recent 30 days) containing the name of the individual requesting support or the individual's parent or legal guardian.
One document verifying household income:
- Bank Statements
- Compensation Award Letter
- Copy of Authorization to Receive Cash Public Assistance
- Copy of Public Assistance Check
- Court Award Letter • Employer Statement/ Contact
- Family or Business Financial Records
- Housing Authority Verification
- Pay Stubs
- Pension Statement
- Public Assistance Eligibility Verification
- Public Assistance Records
- Quarterly Estimated Tax for Self Employed Persons
- Refugee Assistance Records
- Social Security Benefits
- UI Claim Documents
- UI Wage Records
- Award Letter from the Veterans Administration
- Proof of Assistance through the supplemental nutrition assistance program (SNAP) under the Food and Nutrition Act of 2008 (7 USC 2011 et seq.)
- Proof of State or local income based public assistance
- Proof of youth residing in a qualified census tract
How to Apply
- Interested applicants must complete the pre-registration form below. They will receive a call from SLATE staff.
- SLATE will contact you within 2 - 3 business days after you have submitted your application whether or not you are eligible to receive a Gateway Go Pass. If in 3 business days after you submitted your form you have not received a call from SLATE, please give us a call at (314) 589-8000.
- Once you receive a phone call confirming your eligibility, come to SLATE Missouri Job Center during business hours to pick up your pass.
1520 Market Street
3rd Floor, Room 3050
St. Louis, MO 63103
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 8am-5pm
- When you come to SLATE, you will need to bring proof of age, residence and income, as outlined in the Eligibility Form. For youth ages under 17, the Eligibility Form must be signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- You can fill out and sign the eligibility form at the SLATE office, but if you are under 17, your parent/guardian will need to be with you to sign the form.