Purchase LRA-Owned Property
The steps and materials needed to place an offer on an LRA owned property.
COVID 19 Information:
1520 Market St. is closed to the Public until further notice. The LRA, located on the 2nd floor of 1520 Market St., will still be accepting offers, processing options and closing on the sales of our properties.
If you wish to make an offer on LRA property, all of the forms needed are available for download on this page. You may mail your offer to 1520 Market, Suite 2000, St. Louis, MO 63103. St. Louis Development Corporation will be placing boxes outside of the building for drop off. If you have questions about offers or need general information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 314-657-3721.
Questions about your existing options or closing questions please email Wrights@stlouis-mo.gov or call 314-657-3758. All calls will be returned as soon as possible
The LRA (Land Reutilization Authority) owns and manages vacant land and buildings in the City of St. louis for Purchase, Lease, or community projects.
Purchasing City owned property is an effective way to bring City properties back into productive and effective use and invest in the growth of neighborhoods.
Follow the steps below to purchase property from the LRA.
- Use the LRA Property Search page to find a property. Properties can be searched by neighborhood, ward, zip code, street, lot size, and usage. Print the properties address or write down the addresses of the properties that interest you.
- Alternately, a printed copy of the Building List or a Vacant Lot List may be obtained from the Real Estate Department at 1520 Market street, 2nd floor.
- Contact the LRA Receptionist at (314) 657-3721 to check the availability of a property and key.
Once you have find a desired property you are ready to make an offer. Start by downloading and completing the necessary forms below then schedule an appointment to make your offer.
Review and Download Forms
- The Offer Checklist provides a complete list of what is needed to make an offer.
- Complete the LRA Offer to Purchase / Option Renewal Form.
- Note: For offers to purchase more than 4 parcels you must also include a fully filled out "Parcel Exhibit" form. Available with the Offer to Purchase Form
- Project Planning Sheet for Small Projects or Side Lot/Vacant Lot Form or for Large Projects
- Source of Funding Form for Individuals or for Business/Organizations
Forms may also be obtained at our office:1520 Market Street, Suite 2000, St. Louis, Missouri, 63103 (fees may apply).
Make an Appointment
- Call the LRA Receptionist to make an appointment at (314) 657-3721.
- Arrive early on the day of the appointment if you will need to complete the forms in our office.
For Residential Side Lot Offers
- Drop off Residential Side Lot offers at the LRA window along with a Side Lot/Vacant Lot form. (For all other offers, please make an appointment.)
A $25.00 non-refundable processing fee is required when making an offer. Payment may be made in the form of cashier's check, money order, personal or business check payable to St. Louis Development Corporation [SLDC].
What to Expect
Offer Checklist for deadlines.
If the offer to purchase is accepted, the buyer will be notified by mail. Terms apply as outlined in the LRA Offer to Purchase Form.
Land Reutilization Authority
1520 Market St., Suite 2000
St. Louis, Mo 63103
8:30 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.