Purchase LRA Property
The steps and materials needed to place an offer on an LRA property.
Purchasing City owned property is an effective way to bring City properties back into productive and effective use and invest in the growth of neighborhoods.
Identify a Property
- To find property for sale, search the LRA Property Search page where properties can be searched by neighborhood, ward, zip code, street, lot size, and usage.
- A printed copy of the Building List ($1.00 fee) or a Vacant Lot List ($20.00 fee) may be obtained from the Real Estate Department.
Inspect the Building
- Prior to making an offer for a property, you are urged to inspect the building.
- Contact the LRA Receptionist at (314) 657-3721 to check the availability of a property and key. Keys require a $20.00 deposit (refundable upon return of the key within 10 business days).
- Boarded-up properties require an appointment for viewing. Appointments are only available on Thursdays by contacting the Maintenance Department at (314) 657-3754.
You have found a property you like and want to make an offer. Start by downloading and completing the necessary forms and scheduling an appointment to make an offer.
Review and Download Forms
- The Offer Checklist provides a complete list of what is needed to make an offer.
- Complete the LRA Offer to Purchase / Option Renewal Form.
- Project Planning Sheet for Small Projects or for Large Projects
- Credit Statement Form for Individuals or for Companies/Organizations
Forms may also be obtained at our office at 1520 Market Street, Suite 2000, St. Louis, Missouri, 63103 (fees may apply).
Make an Appointment
- Call the LRA Receptionist to make an appointment at (314) 657-3721.
- Arrive early on the day of the appointment if you will need to complete the forms in our office.
Residential Side Lot Offers
- Drop off Residential Side Lot offers at the LRA window along with a Small Project Planning Sheet. (For all other offers, please make an appointment.)
Below are fees that apply to various transactions. Other fees may apply when an offer is accepted.
- $1.00 to obtain a copy of the Building list from the Real Estate Department.
- $20.00 to obtain a copy of the Complete Vacant Lot List from the Real Estate Department.
- $20.00 Deposit for Property Keys (refunded if the key is returned within 10 business days).
- $25.00 non-refundable processing fee when making an offer. Payment may be made in the form of cashier's check, money order, personal or business check payable to St. Louis Development Corporation [SLDC].
What to Expect
Offers will be processed and presented to the appropriate Board of Commissioners for consideration at the next meeting. See the Offer Checklist for deadlines.
If the offer to purchase is accepted, the buyer will be notified by mail. Terms apply as outlined in the LRA Offer to Purchase Form.
Land Reutilization Authority
1520 Market St., Suite 2000
St. Louis, Mo 63103
8:30 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.