How to Purchase LRA Property
The steps and materials needed to place an offer on an LRA owned property.
The LRA (Land Reutilization Authority) owns and manages vacant land and buildings in the City of St. louis for Purchase, Lease, or community projects.
Purchasing City owned property is an effective way to bring City properties back into productive and effective use and invest in the growth of neighborhoods.
Follow the steps below to purchase property from the LRA.
Find a Property
- To find property for sale, search the LRA Property Search page where properties can be searched by neighborhood, ward, zip code, street, lot size, and usage.
- A printed copy of the Building List or a Vacant Lot List may be obtained from the Real Estate Department.
Inspect the Building or Vacant Lot
- Prior to making an offer for a property, you are urged to inspect the building.
- Contact the LRA Receptionist at (314) 657-3721 to check the availability of a property and key.
- Boarded-up properties require an appointment for viewing. Appointments are only available on Thursdays by contacting the Maintenance Department at (314) 657-3754.
Once you have find a desired property you are ready to make an offer. Start by downloading and completing the necessary forms below then schedule an appointment to make your offer.
Review and Download Forms
- The Offer Checklist provides a complete list of what is needed to make an offer.
- Complete the LRA Offer to Purchase / Option Renewal Form.
- Project Planning Sheet for Small Projects or for Large Projects
- Credit Statement Form for Individuals or for Companies/Organizations
Forms may also be obtained at our office:1520 Market Street, Suite 2000, St. Louis, Missouri, 63103 (fees may apply).
Make an Appointment
- Call the LRA Receptionist to make an appointment at (314) 657-3721.
- Arrive early on the day of the appointment if you will need to complete the forms in our office.
For Residential Side Lot Offers
- Drop off Residential Side Lot offers at the LRA window along with a Small Project Planning Sheet. (For all other offers, please make an appointment.)
A $25.00 non-refundable processing fee is required when making an offer. Payment may be made in the form of cashier's check, money order, personal or business check payable to St. Louis Development Corporation [SLDC].
What to Expect
Offers will be processed and presented to the appropriate Board of Commissioners for consideration at the next meeting. See the Offer Checklist for deadlines.
If the offer to purchase is accepted, the buyer will be notified by mail. Terms apply as outlined in the LRA Offer to Purchase Form.
Land Reutilization Authority
1520 Market St., Suite 2000
St. Louis, Mo 63103
8:30 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.