This article is 3 years old. It was published on August 24, 2017.
The City of St. Louis Refuse Division would like to inform residents of the approved plans to improve and repair our cities refuse collection services.
On July 14th, the City of St. Louis Board of Aldermen approved an increase to the monthly Refuse Fee from $11 per unit to $14 per unit, effective August 1, 2017 (Ordinance 70579).
The fee increase will help with the repair and replacement of old trash trucks, installation of new cameras in alleyways to deter illegal dumping, and improve refuse pickup in neighborhoods.
We realize that an increase in the cost of services from the city is not often met with enthusiasm and that it is our job to administer our services as efficiently as possible.
Please remember we are here to help, and are committed to assisting you with any feedback or concerns about the pending service changes.
On August 1, 2017 the monthly Refuse Fee encreased from $11 per unit to $14 per unit.
Ordinance 70579 aims to:
- Repair and replace old trash trucks
- Install new cameras in alleyways to deter illegal dumping
- Improve refuse pickup in your neighborhood
Learn more on the Direct Payment program on the Collector of Revenue website.
Pay Refuse Bill
Fees and Payment Information
Most Read News
- City of St. Louis Moves to Close Businesses for Ignoring COVID-19 Public Health Requirements Applies to non-compliant businesses that have previously received cease and desist letters from the City’s Department of Health but have continued to openly disregard rules
- St. Louis City, St. Louis County Issuing Mandatory Mask Requirement to Slow COVID-19 Elected leaders, public health officials and pandemic task force reinforce that masks significantly reduce spread of virus
- St. Louis City Business Reopening Capacity Expansion Paused Due to the alarming upward trending of COVID-19 cases over the past week the City of St. Louis Department of Health has announced that business operations in the City will remain at 75% capacity until further notice.