The City of St. Louis Refuse Division would like to inform residents of the approved plans to improve and repair our cities refuse collection services.
On July 14th, the City of St. Louis Board of Aldermen approved an increase to the monthly Refuse Fee from $11 per unit to $14 per unit, effective August 1, 2017 (Ordinance 70579).
The fee increase will help with the repair and replacement of old trash trucks, installation of new cameras in alleyways to deter illegal dumping, and improve refuse pickup in neighborhoods.
We realize that an increase in the cost of services from the city is not often met with enthusiasm and that it is our job to administer our services as efficiently as possible.
Please remember we are here to help, and are committed to assisting you with any feedback or concerns about the pending service changes.
On August 1, 2017 the monthly Refuse Fee encreased from $11 per unit to $14 per unit.
Ordinance 70579 aims to:
- Repair and replace old trash trucks
- Install new cameras in alleyways to deter illegal dumping
- Improve refuse pickup in your neighborhood
Learn more on the Direct Payment program on the Collector of Revenue website.
Fees and Payment Information
Most Read News
- UPDATED: Public Health Information - Park Ave. Warehouse Fire 11/17/17 1:00pm Residents are advised not to handle debris. This includes material which looks like ash or paper which crumbles to dust upon contact.
- City's Minimum Wage Ordinance Remains Effective and Enforceable until August 28, 2017 Covered employers are obligated under the law to comply with the City's minimum wage rate until at least August 28, 2017.
- 2017 Missouri Opioid Summit - St. Louis Regional summit to discuss the opioid epidemic and ways to combat it in Missouri.