Prepare for Leaf Pickup and Removal
Fall leaf pickup removal runs from the first Monday in November through December 31st on the regularly scheduled street sweeping days.
The Streets Department combines regular leaf pickup with street cleaning services on the regularly scheduled street sweeping days from the first Monday in November through December 31st.
For the Street Sweeper
- Learn about the Street Cleaning-Sweeping Service
- Check the "No Parking signs" on your street for regularly scheduled street cleaning days and times. If your street does not have No Parking signs, please review the Street Cleaning Area map and schedule.
- Place normal street cleaning debris and any leaves in the street approximately a foot and a half away from the curb on regularly scheduled street cleaning days.
- Remove any limbs, cardboard boxes, plastic bags, etc from these piles (they damage the equipment).
- Put leaves in paper yard waste bags, place them in the tree-lawn
- Call the Citizens' Service Bureau at 314-622-4800 to request bagged leaf pickup.
For Yard Waste Dumpsters or Roll Carts
- Place remaining leaves from your yard in the alley yard waste dumpsters or roll carts (depending which one are in your neighborhood)
- We recommend that leaves be mulched with either a push mower with a bagging attachment or a blower/mulcher prior to placing in your dumpster, as this can reduce 10 normal bags of yard waste to just one bag of yard waste.
Alternatively, you can also use this mulch in your garden or flower bed.
Yard Waste Drop Off Service
For large quantities you may avail yourself of the Compost Drop Off service during designated drop off times.
No fees to collect leaves.
The monthly refuse fee for trash and debris includes leaf removal.
What to Expect
Leaves will be removed on street sweeping days.
Depending on the quantity of leaves, specialized equipment may be used that collects leaves and turns them into mulch, which then can be used for compost.
Bags of leaves will be picked up when a request is made with the Citizens' Service Bureau.
Collected leaves turned into mulch and available for residents at selected city parks.
St. Louis, MO 63139
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM