HIV/AIDS Care, Education, Planning, TB Control, Surveillance, and Intervention Services
Communicable Disease serves as a catalyst for change and leadership for the prevention and care of all communicable diseases throughout the City of St. Louis & the St. Louis Region.
To this end, we serve the St. Louis region through planning, education, data reporting, and dissemination of information regarding these diseases.
We enlist community support in developing and conducting interventions as well as providing care services that protects and educates individuals, our community and ultimately end the spread of all communicable diseases.
Sections and Services
HIV/AIDS Care Services
Linkage to Care Hotline
- Provides referrals to medical care & essential support services for individuals/families living with HIV
- Aims to improve overall health status and quality of life for residents
- Serves the City of St. Louis and Missouri counties of St. Louis, Franklin, Jefferson, Lincoln, Warren, and St. Charles
Education & Community Planning
- Provides leadership & tailored education on HIV, STIs, and Hepatitis trainings throughout the region
- Refers HIV/STI testing and treatment to community providers
- Convenes regional prevention advisory groups and contract services for HIV/STI prevention services
- Services available from 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday. Closed on City Holidays.
- Provides records for Hepatitis, immunizations, and lead screenings.
- $10 Fee per Record (cash only, please have exact change)
- Works within the community to provide clinical services to ensure that individuals are tested, treated, & educated about their risk of tuberculosis
HIV & Hepatitis Surveillance
- In partnership with the Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services, all HIV case reports, CD4s, and viral loads are entered, tracked & researched
- Provide annual data reports as needed
- Provide hepatitis services for city providers and tracking of perinatal and adult Hepatitis B cases
Disease Intervention Services
- Follow-up services provided to individuals testing positive for all reported communicable diseases per Centers for Disease Control guidelines
- Staff provides: partner elicitation & notification services ensuring that individuals are treated and educated on all issues related to these diseases
Notifiable disease and conditions should be reported by calling 314-657-1501, faxing to 314-589-6113, or mailing to:City of St. Louis Department of Health
Communicable Disease Dept.
1520 Market St., Rm 4078
St. Louis, MO 63103
26 comments from people like you have helped us improve this page. Keep the feedback coming!