Filing Requirements for Alderman or Alderwoman
Qualifications, provisions and procedures for individuals filing to run for Alderman or Alderwoman
Qualifications to File
- Citizen of the United States for five years
- Resident of the City of St. Louis for three years
- Twenty-Five years of age
- Resident of the Ward from which elected for one year
- Assessed taxpayer of the City of St. Louis for two years
- Shall not have been convicted of malfeasance in office, bribery or other corrupt practice or crime
Provisions for Nomination
To file for Alderman, the candidate must submit
- a certificate of nomination
- a receipt from the Treasurer’s Office confirming payment of the required filing fee
- a statement of tax clearance from the Collector of Revenue’s Office confirming that the candidate is not delinquent in the payment of city taxes and water and refuse bills.
Feedback is anonymous.