Update Voter Registration Name or Address
The Missouri Voter Registration Application for City of St. Louis residents is used to submit a name or address change.
In order to vote in Missouri, you must be registered with the election authority in the county in which you are a resident.
If you moved within St. Louis City, moved to the City from another part of the state, or if you've legally changed your name, you'll have to re-register.
- Verify your current voter registration status:
- Visit the Missouri Secretary of State website and verify that you are a registered voter in Missouri, or
- Call the Board of Election Commissioners at (314) 622-4336 Monday through Friday, and staff will help you confirm your voter registration status.
- Search the Inactive Voter List database and see if you are listed. If listed, you'll have to re-register with your current address.
- If you are re-registering in person, confirm that you have an acceptable form of identification to present.
- To ensure that your voter registration is correct by the day of the next election, you must submit your registration in person or have it postmarked by 5pm on the 4th Wednesday prior to the election. If you moved from a St Louis City address to another St. Louis City address, you can change your address on the day of election at your new polling place.
- Go in person and register at:
or at the following alternative registration locations:
- Department of Revenue, Division of Motor Vehicles
- Health and Social Services Offices
- Any Public library
- Schools or other tax-supported public agencies that have a Deputy Registrar on site.
- Submit your application in person with an acceptable form of identification.
- Download, print, complete, date and sign the Voter Registration Application.
- Confirm you checked "Address Change" or "Name Change" in form box 3.
- Mail the application to:
Use the Missouri Secretary of State online voter registration application.
There are no fees for registering to vote or changing your name or address.
What to Expect
Submitting a Voter Registration Application by mail or to an individual other than the Election Board does not ensure timely voter registration. If you are unsure about the status of your voter registration, contact the Election Board by phone or in-person.
Your application will be confirmed by mail within seven (7) business days of its receipt by the election authority. Please contact the election authority if you do not receive notification.
Board of Election Commissioners
300 N Tucker Blvd
St. Louis, MO 63101
Monday - Friday 8 AM – 5 PM On Election Day Polls Open at 6 AM and Close at 7 PM