About the Health Department
Vision, mission, services, divisions, and contacts.
St. Louis, an equitable community achieving optimal health for all.
To assure a healthy St. Louis community through quality public health services and partnerships by providing continuous protection, prevention, and promotion for the public's health.
Ten Essential Public Health Services
- Monitor health status to identify community health problems.
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community.
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships to identify and solve health problems.
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable.
- Assure a competent public health and personal healthcare workforce.
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services.
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.
Feedback is anonymous.