Resources for the management of health in the elderly and disabled.
Disease Prevention and Health Promotion Services
SLAAA's goal is to promote healthier aging within the City of St Louis and to empower older adults to improve health and prevent diseases by taking more control over their own health through lifestyle and behavioral changes.
Disease Prevention and Health Promotion Services can be accomplished by participating in several programs:
Disease Self-Management classes
- "Live Like Your Life Depends on It"
- Chronic Disease Self-Management Workshop/Leader Training
- The Arthritis Foundation Self-Help Program
- Arthritis Toolkit Program (Homebound) Physical Activity
- Nutrition Education
- Arthritis Foundation Exercise Program
- Eat Better and Move More Programs I and II
- Routine Health Screenings
- Testing for glaucoma, hypertension, cholesterol, diabetes, Hearing and Vision
- Flu Shots
Health Risk Assessments
- Personal Wellness Profile (PWP)
- High Blood Pressure Health Risk Calculator
Injury Prevention Education and Awareness
- Fall Risk Assessment
- Balance Testing
- Home Safety Checks