Business License Information
Describes procedure for obtaining a business license with the City of St. Louis, exemptions or special requirements.
Any person who engages in any business, occupation, pursuit, profession, calling, a vocation, or trade within the City Limits of St. Louis is required to have a business license. The requirements to obtain a license change depending on the type of business.
You may be required to obtain more than one business license:
- A separate license is required for each location of your business in the city.
- A separate license is required for each trade name under which you operate.
- A separate license is also required for each occupation or business at the same address.
- Licenses are not transferable.
- A new license must be obtained when owners, locations, or trade names change.
Graduated Business Licenses
All Businesses require a Graduated Business License (GBL)
Certain specific types of businesses may have additional requirements imposed by city ordinance. Check to see if your business is listed below:
(GBL) Businesses Having Additional Requirements
26 comments from people like you have helped us improve this page. Keep the feedback coming!