How To Make Bond / Post Bail After An Arrest
Information on how to make bond after being arrested or awaiting trial.
The City of St. Louis Municipal Courts Administer Bail bonds for making bail after an arrest.
- Find out if a person is being held on bond:
- If a person is being held on bond, find out the bond amount:
For Bonds on City Charges: (314) 622-3231
For Bonds on State Charges: (314) 641-8214
- Call the appropriate office for the amount of the bond.
For Arrestees who are in police custody, confined 24 hours or less Bond may be posted 24 hours a day at:
For Inmates confined at CJC or MSI Bond may be posted Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. at:
- Pay bond at the Carnahan location for inmates housed at City Justice Center or Medium Security Institution, incarcerated for more than 24 hrs
- Payment in person and in Cash Only
- Fee is the Amount of Bond
- Any non-refundable fees for processing
What to Expect
You will receive a receipt for the bond posted.
The process of releasing an arrestee or inmate after a bond is posted will take several hours to complete.
Who can post bail?
Any person can post his or her own bail. If the defendant is financially unable to bail him or herself out of jail, any other person over the age of 18 may post the bail.
How long will it take to receive the bail money back?
It could take several months to receive bail money back. If you post a cash bond, you may get some or all of your money back, but not until the case is finished and the necessary paperwork has been processed.
City Justice Center
200 South Tucker Boulevard
St. Louis, Mo 63102
31 comments from people like you have helped us improve this page. Keep the feedback coming!