During this COVID-19 pandemic, the Division of Corrections have taken extra measures to keep our environment safe. After the receipt of information from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and our Health Department the following is a brief summary of protocols that has been implemented. Ensure that this information is communicated to all.
View COVID-19 Protocol Documents
Any visitor requesting entry into the facility will need to complete the attached form. The visitor will be denied entry for the following reasons:
- Refusal to complete the form
- Answering "Yes" to any of the questions
Visitors will be defined as follows:
- Attorneys/Public Defenders/City Counselors
- State/Federal Probation & Parole Officers
- Law enforcement including STLMPD/U. S. Marshals
- Outside contractors/vendors
- Visitors posting bond
- Visitors using the kiosks and ATM machine
- Outside guests/Ex-employees
- Delivery drivers
Reminder: Social visitors and volunteers are prohibited entry into the facility at this time.
Staff - Professional Visitors
- A COVID-19 screening form was implemented for the Division. Everyone that enters the facilities must wear a mask and their temperature will be taken, prior to them entering the building. If their temperature is in excess of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit, traveled to a foreign country in the past 14 days, had close contact with someone who has traveled to a foreign country in the past 14 days, had contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19, asked to self-quarantine by a doctor or health agency, an unexplained fever or shortness of breath, they will not be allowed entry.
- Disposable and reusable masks, hand sanitizers, disinfectant and gloves are available for all staff.
- Temporary suspended Staff Briefings in the briefing room.
- All Detainee work crews and Detainees were instructed to consistently disinfect all door knobs, hand rails, telephones and other shared items throughout the jail.
- Sanitizer sprayers containing a sanitizing solution was placed in all units.
- All Detainee must wear a mask when they are outside of their cells.
- No more than ten (10) Detainees are allowed in a common area.
- Suspended haircuts until further notice.
- Recreation and curfew hours were changed from 10:00 pm until 1:00 am.
- Detainees are allowed two (2) free, fifteen (15) minutes telephone calls a week.
- Hygiene items consisting of deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste and soap will be distributed to all Detainees every Monday until further notice.
- Commissary items (pending).