The Process Server training (16 hour course) is held once a year. The next class will be held in 2015, dates will be posted on this page, once they have been determined.
- Be a US Citizen
- Be 21 years of age
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Have NO criminal record; cannot have been convicted of OR pled guilty to any criminal offense, whether felony or misdemeanor (infrequent traffic violation would not ordinarily disqualify a candidate). A NCIC record check will be done on all applicants and you must fill out the attached authorization along with your application to authorize the NCIC record check
- Pay $300 NON-REFUNDABLE training fee (cash, cashiers check or money orders are accepted)
- Attend 16 hour training course by the Sheriff of the City of St. Louis / Pass Exam
- Post at the Sheriff's Office $100,000 Certificate of Insurance which includes: Personal Liability, Errors and Omission and Intentional Errors and Omission. This policy must contain a clause that the Sheriffs Department, as the certificate holder, has to be notified of any cancellation of coverage at least ten days in advance. Failure to have this insurance in effect will disqualify any applicant and they will be removed from the program.
The $300 fee has to be paid at time of application and it is renewable every two years. The Renewal fee will be $150
Applications are accepted by APPOINTMENT ONLY at (314) 622-4131:
St. Louis Sheriff's Department
Carnahan Courts Building
1114 Market Street, Room 112
Weapon certification is an additional fee, payable directly to the range. All those who wish to be armed must have a weapon certification or proof of legal registration. Licenses are for a two year period.
For more information call (314) 622-4131
* This program was started By Sheriff James W. Murphy on September 19, 1994.