Process Server Training
Information on class and criteria to become a process server
If your license has been expired for 5 years or longer, you will be required to start the process over, including the Special Process Server class.
- Monday February 26, 2024
- Monday May 20, 2024
- Monday August 26, 2024
- Monday October 28, 2024
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Place: Civil Courthouse, 10 N. Tucker Blvd. St. Louis, MO 63101
- Be a US Citizen
- Be 21 years of age
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Have NO criminal record; cannot have been convicted of OR pled guilty to any criminal offense, whether felony or misdemeanor (infrequent traffic violation would not ordinarily disqualify a candidate). A NCIC record check will be done on all applicants and you must fill out the attached authorization along with your application to authorize the NCIC record check.
- Pay $500 NON-REFUNDABLE training fee (cash, cashiers check, personal check, credit/debit cards or money orders are accepted)
- Attend course by the Sheriff of the City of St. Louis / Pass Exam
- Post at the Sheriff's Office $100,000 Certificate of Insurance which includes: Personal Liability, Errors and Omission and Intentional Errors and Omission. This policy must contain a clause that the Sheriffs Department, as the certificate holder, has to be notified of any cancellation of coverage at least ten days in advance. Failure to have this insurance in effect will disqualify any applicant and they will be removed from the program. See a sample insurance policy.
The $500 fee for training and licensing is due at the time of application.
- Bring your old Special Process Server ID and License
- Provide updated Insurance information
- The cost to renew a license is only $250 (as of July 1st, 2018) if renewed within 30 days from the date of expiration on the license. Anyone renewing after the 30 days will be required to pay an additional $75 reactivation fee for a total of $325.
Applications and renewals are accepted by appointment only at (314) 622-4851.Civil Courthouse
10 N. Tucker Blvd, 8th floor
St. Louis, MO 63101
Weapon certification is an additional fee, payable directly to the range. All those who wish to be armed must have a weapon certification or proof of legal registration. Licenses are for a two year period.
For more information call (314) 622-4851.
This program started on September 19, 1994.
Approved Process Servers
Find names, license number, license expiration date of approved process servers in the City of St. Louis.