Stabilization Advisory Committee
The seven-member committee reviews and provides feedback on the nominations to the LRA Board of Commissioners.
Role of the Stabilization Advisory Committee
After analysis and review by Prop NS staff, which includes experienced inspectors from the City's Building Division, nominated buildings will be presented to the 7-member Stabilization Advisory Committee.
Three members serving on this committee are appointed by the Mayor and four members are appointed by aldermen representing the four wards with the highest percentage of vacant buildings owned by LRA. Each member's appointment is for a two-year term.
The committee will review and provide feedback on the nominations and will forward their recommendations and input on to the LRA Board of Commissioners, which will then approve or deny use of Prop NS funds for the stabilization of nominated buildings.
Members of the Stabilization Advisory Committee
Current Members of the Stabilization Advisory Committee, serving terms from January 16, 2020-January 15, 2022, are:
- Leonetta Nelson, appointed by 3rd Ward Alderman Brandon Bosley
- Julia Allen, appointed by 4th Ward Alderwoman Dwinderlin Evans (beginning May 2021)
- Norma Walker, appointed by 22nd Ward Alderman Jeff Boyd
- Lonza Patrick, appointed by 27th Ward Alderwoman Pam Boyd (beginning April 2021)
- Don Roe, appointed by Mayor Lyda Krewson
- Aaron Williams, appointed by Mayor Lyda Krewson
- Mark Abbott, appointed by Mayor Lyda Krewson